The designers who have shown collections with references to 70's Harlem:
- Gucci-very opulent, rich colours
- Trussadi 1911- A minimalist take on the trend, minimal colour palette and simple shapes but still a touch of the opulence
- YSL Pre-fall- Referenced 1977 YSL Opium collection, very clean lines and simple, structured shapes but with hints of exoticism and luxury
- The Row-Although not an obvious reference, the exaggerated shapes, fur, animal print and tailoring are all given an interesting twist in the Olsen twins collection.
- Malandrino-The hats, furs and sexy draped dresses echo 70's shapes and aesthetics but with an edgy, urban touch.
Following those are my designs which are inspired by the designers' take on 70's Harlem.