Tuesday, 26 April 2011
Thursday, 24 March 2011
The designers who have shown collections with references to 70's Harlem:
- Gucci-very opulent, rich colours
- Trussadi 1911- A minimalist take on the trend, minimal colour palette and simple shapes but still a touch of the opulence
- YSL Pre-fall- Referenced 1977 YSL Opium collection, very clean lines and simple, structured shapes but with hints of exoticism and luxury
- The Row-Although not an obvious reference, the exaggerated shapes, fur, animal print and tailoring are all given an interesting twist in the Olsen twins collection.
- Malandrino-The hats, furs and sexy draped dresses echo 70's shapes and aesthetics but with an edgy, urban touch.
Following those are my designs which are inspired by the designers' take on 70's Harlem.
Posted by Laura Niehorster at 10:59
Posted by Laura Niehorster at 10:48
Tuesday, 22 March 2011
My latest project has been set by the high street store, Warehouse. I am designing for their Autumn/Winter 2011 collection, Harlem Chic. I love how glamorous and sexy everything seemed then despite the poverty and oppression, everyone really went for it. Its great to have such flamboyant inspiration. Especially loving the collars!
Posted by Laura Niehorster at 14:57